Expert photography tips from Vistaprint
Everyone loves a great photo, but how do you make sure you really capture the moment? Well,
take the best photos you can with these top tips from professional celebrity and children’s photographer, Ian Derry.
- Plan ahead: Think about when and where you’ll take the best shots. Get yourself into position and adjust your camera’s settings beforehand so you don’t miss anything
- Mix it up: Vary your shots so you get a nice selection of images. Having a good collection will alter the pace when flicking through your photo album or photo book
- Switch off the flash: Turn off your camera’s flash and select a low-light setting so you’re less intrusive. You want people to forget you’re snapping away as it allows you to take more natural photos
- Don’t hold back: Take lots of photos, more than you need. When you review your shots, you’ll notice how different they are and you may have some real gems. You can always delete the pictures you don’t want
- Prepare the scene: In addition to spontaneous snaps and off-camera shots, a well-organised group picture can be a fantastic addition to your collection
Once you’ve taken some great photos, you’ll want to make the most of them.
One way to do this is with photo books. Our photo books come in a range of sizes and feature various stylish cover options, including leather and canvas. Each photo book is made from high-quality glossy paper and durable binding, so your memories will last for years to come.
Custom phone cases are another fun and practical way to capture your favourite moments. Our cases, which are available for both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones, also make an ideal gift.
You can check out our full range of personalised photo products at www.vistaprint.co.uk